December 6th is the 37th annual Decker Challenge Half Marathon. Here are ten good reasons to sign up and get running!
- Dare the Distance: Decker is the third of six races of the Austin Distance Challenge. Net proceeds of the Distance Challenge will benefit The Trail Foundation.
- Parking: Who has time to worry about parking on race day? There’s plenty of room to park on the Expo Center grounds so you’re sure to get a spot.
- Whatever the Weather: We know you’re not fair-weather friends, but no matter what the weather is on race day, we’ve got you covered (and heated!). The Travis County Expo Center will be available to all runners and spectators both before and after the race. In fact, all of our post-race festivities are held inside.
- Gear Drop: Have you ever found yourself overdressed for a race? We’ve got a clothing drop at mile 2. You can toss your outer layers to us, and we’ll bring them back to the Expo Center for you to claim after the race. (Pro-Tip: We aren’t responsible for any lost items, so think twice before chucking your favorite jacket!)
- Post-Race Expo: After your race, check out the race expo inside the Expo Center. We’ll have vendors like Believe and Train, Aspire Beverages, and more!
- Post-Race Treatments: There’s nothing like getting pampered after a long run. We know this all too well, and so do our friends at Austin Sports Therapy who will be there with free treatments for all finishers!
- Free Beer: We say this from experience–there’s no better way to celebrate finishing a race than with a nice cold beer. That’s why we’re excited to announce Adelbert’s Brewery as our 2015 beer sponsor! Just head back inside the Expo Center after you finish–your free beer awaits.
- Free Race Photos: While we’re on the subject of great freebies, we don’t know a lot of people that buy race photos–even when they turn out great. That’s why we’re offering free race photos at Decker, courtesy of AzulOx Visuals. Photographers will be out on the course and at the finish area, so you can grab a few friends and let our professional photographers capture those post-race smiles. Of course, you are free to take all the selfies you like!
- Call Your Shot! There’s something inherently motivating about announcing a goal. New for 2015, we’re giving you the opportunity to Call Your Shot! In the days leading up to the race, we’ll email you a link where you can predict your finish time at Decker. The two male and female finishers that come closest to their called shot will win a free pair of New Balance running shoes! In case of a tie, the winner will be whoever runs the most even pace.
- Hills, Hills, Hills: Mention Decker Challenge to anyone and you’re sure to hear about the hills. We’re the toughest half marathon in Austin and proud of it! Get ready for rolling hills and prepare for the infamous climb at mile 10. After all, there’s nothing cool about bragging to your friends about doing something easy!
Register for Decker today and mark your calendar for December 6!
The Decker Challenge is presented by: