Search
Close this search box.

Melissa & Sonja: 3M Half Marathon

Put it on a Post It! 3M Half Marathon is done! Written by: Sam Jimenez Melissa was excited for the half marathon, because it meant earning the fourth piece of the puzzle and eating more breakfast tacos. Sonja was looking forward to Melissa and Bonnie improving their times and showing the progress that they made […]

Melissa & Sonja: 3M Half Marathon

Put it on a Post It! 3M Half Marathon is done! Written by: Sam Jimenez Melissa was excited for the half marathon, because it meant earning the fourth piece of the puzzle and eating more breakfast tacos. Sonja was looking forward to Melissa and Bonnie improving their times and showing the progress that they made […]

Melissa & Sonja: Decker Challenge

Melissa and Sonja were kind enough to share their story with us on an earlier blog, and agreed to let us follow along as they #DareTheDistance with us this season!  Conquering Hills and 13.1 Miles Contributing Writer: Samantha Jimenez On Sunday morning, December 10th, Melissa and Sonja headed out to run the Decker Half Marathon with […]

Melissa & Sonja: Decker Challenge

Melissa and Sonja were kind enough to share their story with us on an earlier blog, and agreed to let us follow along as they #DareTheDistance with us this season!  Conquering Hills and 13.1 Miles Contributing Writer: Samantha Jimenez On Sunday morning, December 10th, Melissa and Sonja headed out to run the Decker Half Marathon with […]

Melissa & Sonja: Run for the Water

Melissa and Sonja were kind enough to share their story with us on an earlier blog, and agreed to let us follow along as they #DareTheDistance with us this season!  Moving up from the 80’s 8K to a 10-mile run; Melissa was excited to release “the beast” she has been training, and her fellow runner and […]

ARC Member Spotlight: Clarissa Alvarado

Clarissa has been an ARC member for many years, and this year she’s been training with us for the TCS New York Marathon! She will be running with Team Flatwater to support the Flatwater Foundation, a local nonprofit dedicated to providing mental health resources to those diagnosed with cancer, their families and loved ones. We […]

GET TO KNOW THE DISTANCE CHALLENGE: MELISSA & SONJA

Melissa is part of Kayleigh’s Club and Sonja is her running partner. They are both registered for the 2017-2018 Distance Challenge and we will be getting updates from them after every race! How did y’all come to know each other?  Melissa: Through Kayleigh’s running club and Sandy and Kayleigh. Sonja: I met Melissa when I at […]

When is it okay to push through the pain?

Select Physical Therapy is once again joining the Austin Runners Club as our Presenting Sponsor for the 2017-18 Austin Distance Challenge. For us, they are more than just a sponsor; they are a trusted and valued resource providing invaluable knowledge and support to our runners. We want to thank them and highlight their great work, […]

Austin Half Marathon – Race Report from a Distance Challenge Finisher!

Two years ago I ran my first half marathon right here in Austin. I joined Team LIVESTRONG, created my own training plan, and did everything I could do to prepare, but I remember worrying about everything that was out of my control. What if it’s freezing or pouring rain? What if traffic or road closures […]

Kayleigh’s Distance Challenge

Just over a year ago, Distance Challenge alumni Sandy Williamson submitted her story through our “September to Remember” contest and won two free entries into the Decker Challenge. When Sandy and her daughter Kayleigh decided to Dare the Distance together, nobody could’ve predicted where the journey would take them. With one race to go, Sandy […]