Dare the Distance
Registration for the 2016-17 Austin Distance Challenge is open now!
Late registrants: After the 80’s 8K we can’t guarantee a particular shirt size (first come, first served), but you’ll still get all the other benefits!
Preliminary Results are available!
The Austin Distance Challenge is a series of the most prestigious local running events starting in the fall and leading up to the Austin Marathon & Half Marathon in February. The races increase in distance as the series progresses, making the series a natural component of many Austin runners’ training. In its 20th year, the Distance Challenge is hosted by the Austin Runners Club (a 42 year old local nonprofit) and raises funds for our beneficiary charity, which will once again be The Trail Foundation, an organization that protects and enhances the Ann and Roy Butler (Town Lake) Trail.
Participants sign up for the series (you can sign up for all in one or just sign up for the challenge separate from signing up for each race), registering for either the Full or Half Track to compete against personal goals and for awards for Overall, Masters and Age Groups. Our runners receive a variety of special benefits, outlined below.
- Run Free Texas 8k – October 2, 2016
- Run For The Water 10 mile – November 6th, 2016
- Decker Challenge Half Marathon – December 11, 2016
- 3M Half Marathon – January 22, 2017
- Austin Marathon & Half Marathon – February 19, 2017
Want to help put on the Distance Challenge? Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
All registered participants will receive:
- A tech running shirt
- First time participants in Austin Distance Challenge who have not been members previously receive a free Austin Runners Club membership – see all the great club benefits.
- Exclusive use of the famous Austin Distance Challenge Hospitality Tent found in the finish area of each race. Join us for delicious food, beverages, camaraderie, and fun!
- Special premiums like an Austin Distance Challenge wristband and our signature magnet pieces from each race that connect together to make one awesome unit once you collect them all.
- Entry into our door prize drawings at each race with amazing gift packages from local favorites. (must register in person at the Distance Challenge Hospitality Tent at each race to be eligible for the door prize drawing of the day).
- Invitation to the End-of-Season Party and awards ceremony.
All participants who complete the series will receive:
- An Austin Distance Challenge running jacket
- Trophies will be presented for Overall, Masters and Age Groups, both Male and Female. Trophies will be presented for both the Full and Half Track Series options.