We’ve added a new competitive element to the Daisy 5k — a cross country style Team Challenge! The Daisy 5k was originally an all women’s race, and we wanted to keep that spirit alive by having a coed competition. Participation in the team challenge is optional, but why not grab some friends and join the fun?
- Each team must have at least 5 and no more than 7 members
- Each team must have at least 2 male and 2 female members
- To qualify as a masters team, all team members must be 40 or older.
During registration, you will have the option to create a team or join an existing team.
Creating a team
- Choose your division: Open or Masters. To qualify as a Masters team, all team members must be at least 40 years old.
- Choose your team name: The first team member to register chooses the team name and has the option of setting a password. Any participant will be able to join a team that does not have a password.
- Recruit your team: Give your friends the team name (and password, if you have one) so they can join you!
Join an existing team
- During registration, search for your team’s name and enter the password if there is one.
Remember, teams may have no more than 7 members and must have at least 2 male and 2 female members.
Points are awarded to the individual runners of eligible teams, equal to the position in which they cross the finish line (first place gets 1 point, second place gets 2 points, etc.).
The team score is the point total from the team’s top 2 male members, top 2 female members, and the next fastest finisher (either male or female).
The team with the lowest score wins!
We will have awards to recognize the fastest team and the fastest masters team. In order to qualify as a masters team, all team members must be 40 or older.