2015-2016 Series Rules
In order for the Austin Distance Challenge to be both challenging and equitable to all its participants, sponsors, and staff, there must be a few rules. The non-negotiable rules for this season are:
Full and Half Track
Runners must complete the required distance in all five races. See Full and Half Track page of this website for complete details. No exceptions or race substitutions will be made.
If you did not do the all in one registration, registration for the Distance Challenge is separate from your race fee and from your registration for each race. Distance Challenge runners are NOT guaranteed entry to any of the races and must register through each race’s website by each race’s registration timing requirement. However, current ARC members please see our benefits page to see your discount for each of the races.
- Runners must finish each race and appear in the official results of each race.
- For runners who complete the entire series, a Finisher’s Jacket will be awarded.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies in Overall, Masters, and Age Groups will be awarded, both male and female. This will apply to both the Full Track and Half Track. Awards will be determined for each runner by the cumulative time of the races. The lowest cumulative time determines final position in the series.
- Age group awards will be based on ages as of February 19th, 2017.
- There will be no double dipping of awards; Overall and Masters awards take precedence and the next finishers move up in Age Groups.
- In the event of a race postponement or rescheduling due to inclement weather or other circumstances, the runner must complete the event on the rescheduled date. No refunds will be issued or exceptions made for scheduling problems, race cancellations or reschedules, injuries, or other circumstances that prohibit a runner from participating.
- The closing time for the Hospitality Tent at each race will be based on specific physical site requirements, each race’s regulations, and Managing Director determination. Generally, unless otherwise directed by each race’s management, we will close the tent after a runner maintaining a 16 minute/mile pace would have finished, based on clock time. You do not have to check in at the tent to qualify for having completed a race in the Distance Challenge.
- If a participant misses a race they are still welcome to attend the end-of-series Celebration Party.
- It is the runner’s responsibility to check results posted on our website and to communicate any questions, conflicts in the data or other results issues prior to February 25th, 2017.
- All disputes for qualifications, award ranking, or related issues will be resolved at the discretion of the Managing Director.