Frequently Asked Questions
- Does my registration in the Distance Challenge automatically enter me in the races? If you sign up for the all in one races, Yes. If you sign up for just the challenge, no. In that case, runners must register for each race separately.
- What are the critical dates of sign ups or races? Please see here for all of those dates.
- What happens if a race is changed due to weather or other issues?
To complete the series, participants must race on the rescheduled date.
- What do I get if I sign up for the Distance Challenge? All registered runners get a running shirt, entry into the Celebration Party, access to the Austin Distance Challenge Hospitality Tent at the finish area of each race, door prize entry, and other premiums. Your results will be posted on the series website. If you are not already an Austin Runners Club member, you will receive a one year membership. Current members get a discount to each race and to the Distance Challenge entry.
- What else do I get if I finish the series? A Distance Challenge running jacket and a chance to win a trophy if you place in the Overall, Masters or Age Group standings.
- Do I have to complete all races? What if I miss a race? You must complete all races to get the jacket and a chance at a trophy. No exceptions are allowed.
- If I miss a race can I substitute another race to remain qualified for the series? No substitutions are allowed. No two races are comparable, thus substitutions would be unfair to runners who do complete all the series races.
- What if the website results are in error? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work to resolve it.
- When will the shirts and other premiums be handed out? Shirts and wristbands will be available at packet pick-up, which coincides with packet pickup for the FIRST race of the series. Jackets and awards will be distributed at the series-end Celebration Party. Other premiums (including magnet pieces) will be distributed at the Hospitality Tent in the finish area at each race.
- When will the finisher jackets be handed out? At the Celebration Party, along with the trophies. If you have a scheduling conflict with the Celebration Party, ONE alternate pick-up date will be available.
- When is packet pick up?
- Late Distance Challenge Registration (must have run Run Free Texas 8k to be eligible for finishers jacket)October 23rd, 5:30pm-7:30pmReady to Run3616 Far West Blvd #120, Austin, TX 78731
- How do I access my free Austin Runners Club membership? Soon after you register for the Distance Challenge, you will be able to access this page, use the email address you registered with and request a password. Once you log-in, you’ll be able to access the Members area of the website with all the membership discounts.
- How much money goes to The Trail Foundation? All net proceeds go to The Trail Foundation. This series is put on entirely by volunteers. The Austin Runners Club has no direct financial benefit from the series. Over the last 2 years we have donated $25,000 to The Trail Foundation, towards the construction of the South Congress Bridge improvement.
If you have additional questions, comments or concerns email: email@example.com